Friday 16 October 2015

Double Exposure Task.

For the double exposure task I chose to use a picture of Talulah to make the image look elegant and chose to use flowers as the background image to give it a peaceful and girly effect as she is a very elegant lady.

This was done in 9 steps, but to summarise how I did it I basically used 2 different images and by using the layers on photoshop managed to get the second image in Tallulahs' face.

The tools I used to create this image was layer clipping masks, vector masks, desaturation, hue/saturation, brush tool, air brush tool, fill tool and eyedropper tool.

I used the desaturation and hue/saturation tool to give an old effect on the picture and the film itself has an old feel to it and was filmed a while ago (1975) so the picture quality isn't that good. The brush tool and the air brush tool was used to give a softer feel over the picture and to stop the edges from being rough and sharp. Using the vector mask helped me to disguise any of the background image that i didn't want in the final image.

From this task, I now understand a lot more with layers and I also learnt how using the desaturation tool and the hue/saturation tool can really change an image and make it look a whole lot better.

I decided to choose Miranda Priestly for the double exposure task because she is a main character in "The devil wears Prada" and I knew I could have some fun with the fire image as well.

I used a fire image because it represents the devil side to her and the "fiery" side to her. It makes her look really evil, which is good because in the film she isn't that evil but she is quite scary and this will entice people.

I used all of the same tools as I did for the one above, however I decided to make this image black and white instead of brown because I think that it makes the fire more clear and makes her look more darker and evil.
Another reason for making her black and white, is because she's a very black and white character. She doesn't show much emotion at all in the film, except for one scene where she cries to Andrea (Anne Hathaway).

No comments:

Post a Comment