Friday 4 December 2015

Posters.

I used my research of different minimalistic posters for inspiration for my own poster, which is demonstrated here in all of these posters. I have decided to stick with two colours on all of them to show the black and white world of Miranda Priestly and to also stick with the simple theme which the minimalistic posters show. I used Adobe Illustrator to create these posters as I love working with the programme and find it easy to deal with the layers and the tools on Adobe illustrator.


This is my final poster which i have chosen to showcase the anniversary of "The Devil Wears Prada". I have chosen to use the colour red to represent the devil side of the film and the almost sinister side of being in the fashion industry and i have used the colour white to represent the hope side of the film where although things seem bad, at one point they will get better (Which the film shows when Andy finally leaves Miranda and is happy again). I decided to put the title of the film right at the top of the page so that people will know what the film is and so it stands out, I have put the logo of my company up the top for the same reason.
I chose the devils pitchfork to be my main image to link with the devil part of the title, also on the original poster/dvd cover is a picture of a shoe with the pitchfork as the heel so I used that for inspiration. I then hung the shoe, bag and skirt off of the pitchfork to represent that people in the fashion industry are like puppets and are hung from other people who control them, just like Andy is by Miranda in the devil wears Prada.
My target audience for this poster should be fairly obvious. It has a picture of a shoe, a handbag and a skirt on it, all things that a women loves.
This is my favourite poster design because I love what the objects hanging from the pitchfork represent, I think it gives the film a whole new shed of light. However if I was to do this poser again, I would tidy my pitchfork up a bit and maybe make my logo a little bit smaller.
























For these two poster designs, I decided to use the original designs as inspiration again but instead of using the pitchfork for the heel I decided to use the devils tale so that it linked more with the title and was more recognisable for the audience. I originally went for the black and white theme again to represent evil but hope as well but then thought I'd try the black and red theme to show that not everyone can find that hope and their lives are quite dark just like Miranda is with her life.
I decided to put the actresses names at the top of the poster this time as although the title of the film is important, because the actresses in the film are quite well know it would entice people into the poster and then hopefully the film as well. Again, i have put my logo of my company next to the title as it is important for people to see both.
These two posters are a close second to my favourite one, the red and white in particular. I like how well the tail comes from the shoe and flows but if I was to do it again I would possibly make the shoe a little smaller so that the names of the actresses and the title of the film get a little more focus as well.



I used my posters above this one for the inspiration when creating this poster, I thought I'd try a handbag instead of a shoe to completely separate it from the original poster for "The Devil Wears Prada". For this one I decided to use three colours so you could properly see the handbag handle, which is a devils tale again to link in with the title of the film. This is my least favourite poster because it is a bit to plain, so if I was to do it again I would tidy it up and add some more bits like the actresses names and maybe put a design on the handbag.















































No comments:

Post a Comment