Friday 4 December 2015

Final DVD Cover.

This is my final DVD Case for the film "The Devil Wears Prada." For the front of the DVD case, I decided to use a technique which I learnt from "tuts-plus" where I used indesign to basically place my pictures inside the text. I decided that putting the pictures inside the text would be a more creative and exciting way of presenting which actresses are in the movie instead of just putting the pictures of them on the front. I have also included the age rating which is a 12+, my company logo, the fact that its the 10 anniversary re-release and the actresses names as well. I have kept the background and they layout of this similar to the poster so you are able to see the link and also the colour red brings the whole idea of the devil again.The back cover of my DVD cover, includes an outline of Merly Streep covered in flames. I done this in Photoshop and I used a trial from tutsplus again to help me, I basically put an image inside an image by working with my layers and using effects such as hue/saturation and artistic effects to create this image. I made her like this to again re-reinforce the idea that she is the devil but yet full of fire and soul deep down.I managed to wrap the text around the picture of Merry by using the text wrapping tool to make it look professional and then I added a famous quote from the film at the top of the back to make it more enticing for the audience. Finally, I have the bar code and the studio maker of the film on the cover as these are very important and also helps to make it professional.The thing I like most about this poster is the title as it's very creative and I think that it makes a statement. If I was to create this case again, I would add more to the back cover to make it look more interesting and professional.
This is the original Blue-Ray DVD for "The Devil Wears Prada." I like how although this is quite plain, the shoe being so big and the work "Devil" being so big makes this front cover very enticing and exciting. I like how all of the actresses are named on the front and have their pictures on the front as well.

















I experimented with colours for the front cover first of all and although I liked the white one, I decided the red one would be more relevant and more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment